Halloween 2023: American Witchcraft (WIP)




Here's a progress shot of the first witch I've been working on for the 2023 halloween display! 
She's built around a tidy cats litter bucket, out of newspaper, duck tape, maché and other odds and ends.
I wanted this year to be a nod to the old, classic tale of the American witch in the woods. The haunt will be super organic, overgrown and a bit disturbing, but I can not wait to share it all this October. It will be my biggest haunt to date but I'm about 75% finished everything that needs to be built :) 





 

Comments

  1. REALLY can't wait to see what you have in store. SO glad you created a blog for your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rot! Most of the hard building is out of the way, now I can focus on lighting, detail work and set dressing (all the fun stuff)

      I can't wait to share soon, October is creeping up and I'm super excited :))

      Delete
  2. She is very intense almost like she cannot wait for her big reveal. Nice texture throughout her clothing - it really gives her that organic feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot :) I'm finishing up her sister soon, I can't wait to share photos of everything set up on halloween!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween 2022

Just beyond the tobacco fields...