HALLOWEEN 2023: American Witchcraft

Here's some nightime photos of my 2023 haunt. This year's theme was American Witchcraft, inspired by early American witch lore. I wanted it to be super rustic and rough around the edges, with the witches displaying any past trespassers like scarecrows, as they brew up a fresh batch of flying ointment. We had an amazing night, we went through five bags of candy and the kids seemed to enjoy it a ton, with the little ones having a bit of trepidation, walking up to the porch. It was a chilly night, I had campfire fragrance in the fog machine and spiced pumpkin tealights in all of the jack-o-lanterns, everyone loved the smell, telling us how much it added to the display. All of the props are handmade by me, I've been working on it all year and it turned out better than I couldve imagined, I had a permanent grin on my face (under my mask, of course) because it was honestly, very magical. Seeing everyone enjoy the props makes it all worthwhile, and sharing the halloween magic with the youngins is my goal, being that it's a bit taboo for a twenty three year old to trick or treat. I hope everyone had an amazing Halloween! Thank you for all of the kind words and support. I'll be sharing a ton of other photos once I compile my favorites, and I'm sure I'll be making a short video of everything, so stay tuned for that. Super big shout out to everyone who inspired my work, Pumpkinrot, House of Marrow and John of Season Of Shadows, who's sadly no longer with us. Their inspiration speaks for itself, so thank you for being great role models in terms of artistry and visuals. I'm not sure if i'd be doing this type of propwork without them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween 2022

Halloween 2023: American Witchcraft (WIP)

Just beyond the tobacco fields...